We share some of the conclusions of our IP research, so that any inventor, entrepreneur or company from any country that wants to work with us, has the complete picture.
«While previously as the state-of-the-art increases, the possibility of inventing also increased, today as the state-of-the-art increases, the possibility of inventing decreases» (to understand this see the following table)
a) This statistical table was made by sampling reviewing the written opinions of the first PCT applications of each year (from 2005 to 2019), which are published in the Patentscope patent database, (b) For the purposes of this table, it is considered that the report of a PCT application is favorable, if at least it obtained inventive step for a technical claim. (c) That a PCT application obtains a favorable ISA/PCT report of novelty in the international phase (it does not mean that this report is infallible), and this report will suffer the same fate in the national phase, which happens because the ISA offices they do not always perform exact searches, which causes them to be denied in later stages (that is, in the national phase), that is why the real number of PCT applications that are really novel is always less than the table shown, since in the national phase many favorable PCT reports are reversed.
«The fact that inventors and patent agents make the patent system work does not mean that they are the actors in the patent system who are obtaining the best economic results» However, the way to improve the situation of both actors is by adopting systems that optimize technology transfer processes, since in this way more inventors will be able to patent their inventions outside their countries of origin in a simpler way and patent agents will be able to increase their portfolios of clients and services.
Who wins with the Patent Basket technology transfer system?
- Inventors win, because they no longer have to worry about patenting their technologies abroad, since these tasks will fall on their foreign partners, the same ones who after succeeding in patenting the technology, could continue adding efforts to advance the technology (provided the partner so wishes),
- Technology demanders (partners) win, since now they can acquire the technology in the simplest way possible and without the need to implement R&D departments, (they only have to process the patent for the PCT application in their countries).
- IP service providers win, since if technology transfer processes are simplified, more inventors can be achieved protect their inventions outside their countries of origin, which will increase the client portfolio of these professionals.
How do IP Owners from different countries earn when they partner with each other under our technology transfer system?
Since we have found that it is two or three times more expensive for an inventor to patent his invention abroad than to patent a foreign invention in his own country, We suggest IP owners to exchange their technologies with other IP owners from other countries under our technology transfer system, so that they can help each other with these processes, (even if they have developed inventions from other technological sectors), since with this strategy they will achieve the following:
1) .- Both will lower the costs of patenting their technologies abroad,
2) .- Both will be able to find a partner to help them carry out their technologies, which includes technical support from a Patent Basket broker,
3) .- Both IP owners will not only increase their patent portfolio nationally, but also internationally in the simplest and most economical way,
4) .- Both maximize the commercialization possibilities of their technologies, since it is more viable to manage Two or More inventions in the same country, rather than manage the same invention in Two or More different countries,
5) .- Both IP owners will reduce the possibility that one of them will abandon the patenting process that they have agreed to carry out in their country, since one depends on the other to patent their invention abroad, so practically nothing You will be able to break these types of alliances.
Who wins with the optimized Patent Basket merchandising system?
The inventors, their partners and the manufacturers of the technology win.
Patent Basket team.